Sunday, March 22, 2009

welcome

After some gentle guidance from a person in Brisbane I thought I would document my working travels.

I am the Executive Director of an organisation called Young People and the Arts Australia. We are the peak body for artists and organisations that engage children and young people in the arts in Australia. Much of my work is situated around Australia in various cities, towns and communities.

Over the past 2 weeks I have spent a week in Perth, 3 days in Kalgoorlie and am now in Warburton. Warburton is a small Aboriginal community based in central Australia.

I firstly travelled to Perth to connect with YPAA members. We invite practitioners and companies to join our organisation. We provide a range of services and also represent the sector nationally. This was a very productive time and will write more about this.

My time in Kalgoorlie was great. I was able to meet many organisations, artists, actors, local town Council staff and being planning ways we could support artistic development with People in Kal.

Then I took a very small plane (6 seater) via one community and one outstation to Warburton.

I was invited here by the Youth Arts Centre and after a few days of orientating myself will begin work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment