Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Fellowship begins

I was awarded a Brisbane City Council Fellowship to explore an arts related practice called Social Practice.  I will be spending part of my time with Canadian based Mammalian Diving Reflex (MDR) - Artistic Director Darren O'Donnell and Producer Natalie De Vito while they are working on a project called Eat the Streets in Launceston, TAS. www.mammalian.ca 

I will also be traveling to Portland, Oregon to participate in his masters course he teachers focusing on Social Practice. www.harrellfletcher.com and then seeing his work in motion in Melb in 2010.

This is very exciting because I am looking into where abouts this kind of work fits with my own kind of work.... Ill be updating this blog during this time... also if you want to email me with any ideas, questions, or just get in contact about this fellowship, you can find me via lenineb@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment